Q&A with The Wyze, an Electronic/House Music Trio
About The Wyze: Toronto's dance music trio "The Wyze" is making waves in the electronic dance music scene with their atmospheric indie vibe. The group elevates emotions through pulsating rhythms and rich melodies. "The Wyze" is here to shape the future of live dance music.
1. Tell us about your background. Have you always been interested in music?
The Wyze: "Yes! All of us have been doing music our whole lives. Chris has an extensive background producing EDM songs and DJing. Chase started with music by playing piano as a child, then later played in a few bands through his teen and college years. Yash is professionally trained pianist and incredible producer, he has billions of streams for production work in dance, pop, K-pop, and more. Our love of music has always been there and it’s just amplified when we are together."
2. How would you describe your music or producing style?
The Wyze: "We like to make something that you could leave on repeat and it just keeps sounding better. We love to produce melodic driven house songs that have both ethereal and vulnerable qualities."
3. What project or song do you feel most proud of?
The Wyze: "Step Away"
4. How do you think AI music tools will change the music industry?
The Wyze: "It gives creatives more power to be in control of the design process and assets. New ideas will be created that we could have never imagined without AI."
5. What inspires you and your music and work? Where do you find creative inspiration?
The Wyze: "Sometimes it’s the weather and other days it’s a feeling. You just need to be ready to record/voice memo/etc and capture that moment."
6. What is something surprising about yourself that people may not know? Any secret talents?
The Wyze: "Chris was goalie in the OHL hockey league. Yash is fluent in Hebrew and Russian. Chase rock climbs a lot, he’s really good at it."
7. What advice would you give to aspiring musicians who want to break into the industry?
The Wyze: "Write a song every day, always keep at it. Be uninhibited by your expectations. There are always new patterns to observe, progressions to discover, and emotions to explore."
8. Who are your creative influences? Who inspires your work?
The Wyze: "We usually start from a scratch and just try to jam. That said, some writers are so incredible at painting a picture with words, like Billy Joel or Rufus du sol, there is much to learn from studying them."
9. Which artists would you love to collaborate with someday?
The Wyze: "Stevie Wonder, Tame Impala, The Martinez Brothers, Foster the People, Ice Cube."
10. What do you hope to be doing in your music career in the next 5 or 10 years?
The Wyze: "Playing in front of crowds in foreign countries that know all the lyrics to our songs."
11. How did the pandemic affect your music career?
The Wyze: "We made so much music that now we are actually in a better place."
12. What advice would you give to your younger self?
The Wyze: "There is no right path through life, be open to change and embrace the struggles, every second is a moment to learn."
Where can we find your music/projects?
Where can people connect with you on social media?